In 1955, Archbishop Joseph Hurley, the sixth Bishop of the Diocese of St. Augustine, had a vision for the future of the Catholic Church in Florida. He purchased more than 100 acres west of Boynton Beach, land which would eventually become our seminary.
国产偷拍视频In 1963, the first Bishop of Miami, Coleman Carroll, established the first Catholic theological seminary south of Washington and east of New Orleans. Entrusted to the Vincentian Fathers for the first eight years of operation, the seminary became an archdiocesan seminary in 1971 under Archbishop Carroll, and it has been a regional seminary since 1981.
国产偷拍视频Today, St. Vincent de Paul Regional Seminary is owned by the seven dioceses of the state of Florida. More than 600 of our alumni have been formed, graduated, and now serve in parishes throughout the state of Florida and Georgia and the Carolinas, as well as a number of dioceses in the Caribbean and in other parts of the United States. In this day of urgent need for cultural diversity, St. Vincent’s is the only fully bilingual theological seminary in the United States.
In 2013, our seminary celebrated 50 years of priestly formation. With rising seminary enrollment and the challenge of aging facilities, St. Vincent’s embarked on a capital campaign. As part of the expansion and renovation, two new dormitories were constructed, and the old facilities were fully modernized.